Backing up your WordPress blog is a very necessary task to do. You must backup your WordPress blog frequently (at least once in a week). Any accident on the server may delete all your WordPress data (files + database). You should have at least one recent backup of your blog on your computer so that you don’t lose your articles or the comments your readers have left on your blog. Many bloggers may don’t know how to backup their WordPress blog. So here i’m describing an awesome wp plugin [BackUpWordPress] to create backup of your WordPress blog.
This plugin helps you to back up your entire site including your database and all your files. It creates a zip file of your backup on the sever and also lets you download onto your computer. This plugins works on both Linux and Windows Server. These are the options you have to select according to the backup you need.
- Automatic Backups : In this option, you have to set the automation settings of backups. If you want automatic backup of your WordPress site, please select the first option. Otherwise select “no automatic backups”.
- Frequency of Backups : Set the frequency of your backups. You may select daily, weekly, fortnightly or monthly. This works only if you select automatic backups in first option.
- What to Backup : In this option, you have the flexibility to select what you want to backup.You may select only file, only database or both files and database.
- Number of Backups :In this option, you have to enter the number of last backups you want too store on the server.
- Email Backups and Excludes : Now enter your email address to grab a copy of your backup by email. If you don’t want to backup any particular file, enter the directory address of that file in excludes option and click save changes.
Click on “backup now” if you want to backup your WordPress site immediately and download that file onto your computer. One more copy of that backup will be safe on the server.